Applicants that are eligible to apply for the Halal Confirmation Certificate are categorized as follows:
- producer / manufacturer;
- distributor/ trade);
- sub-contract manufacture);
- food premise; and
- abattoir/slaughter house.
Application for the Halal Confirmation Certificate for national and international markets should be submitted to the JAKIM Halal Hub, as an on-line application.
Application for the Halal Confirmation Certificate for the local market must be submitted directly to JAIN/MAIN whichever one being relevant.
Applications will be unsuccessful for the following reasons:
- The company is producing and distributing halal and non halal products;
- Product is not halal;
- Natural substances that do not involve any processing;
- Drugs or products that are categorized as pharmaceutical products by the Ministry of Health Malaysia;
- Hair colorant / hair dye;
- Processed products manufactured overseas;
- Products that are labeled with names synonymous with confusing terminology such as ‘bak kut the’ and so on;
- Fertilizer and animal feed;
The applicant must fill in the relevant form :
- Product / Consumer Goods
- Food Premise
- Slaughter House
The application must be submitted on-line complete with the required documents and relevant certificates as listed below:
- Company profile;
- Company / business registration;
- Name and description of product / menu for certification;
- Ingredients used;
- Name and address of manufacturer / ingredient supplier;
- Halal status for ingredients with halal certificate or product specification for critical ingredients (if relevant);
- Type of packaging material;
- Manufacturing process and procedure;
- Other documents such as HACCP, ISO, GHP, GMP, TQM etc. (If any); and
- Location map of premise / factory.
The applicant must create a "Halal Confirmation Certificate" file to store all relevant documents and that can be referred to during premise inspection.